500 g Plain Flour
1 Cup Water (room temp)
1 Tbsp Oil
Pinch of Salt
300 g Minced Pork
300 g Minced Prawns
500 g Chinese Cabbage (chopped, squeeze with some salt, strain)
1 Cup Kucai (cut finely)
1/2 Cup Chopped Spring Onion
2 Tsp Chopped Ginger
3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Rice Wine
1 Tsp Corn Flour
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 Part Soy Sauce
1 Part Black Vinegar
- Mix dough ingredients and knead well. Let it rest for 30 minute
- Mix filling ingredients with seasoning.
- Knead the dough until smooth and divide into small balls.
- Roll the portion into circle
- Place a small portion of filling in the middle of each wrapper, fold them inot the shape of a crescent, or make small pleats along one side of skin.
- Blanch dumplings in boiling water, strir lightly to prevent sticking.
- When water is at rolling boil, add a small amount of water for it to subside, and wait till rolling boil again.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Remove, strain and serve with dipping sauce.
- Alternatively, pan-fry to make gyoza. Serve with dipping sauce.